Dare to Compare Metal Buildings
25 Questions to Ask any Metal Buildings Manufacturer
Before you buy, do the comparison of what you get!
- Does the building have all the framed openings you need?
- If you need gutters and downspouts are they included in the price?
- Are the building codes correct for your area?
- Is the live load correct for your area?
- Is the wind load correct for your area?
- Is wind exposure correct for your area?
- Is the seismic zone correct for your area?
- Are walk doors (or walk door framed openings) included in the price?
- Are windows (or window framed openings) included in the price?
- Is insulation included in the price?
- Can you buy any commercial building insulation?
- Does the insulation have reinforced facing?
- Can you buy anybody's self framing walk door?
- Can you buy anybody's overhead doors?
- Is freight included in the pricing?
- Is the finish on the walls indicated?
- Is the finish on the roof indicated?
- Is the finish on the trim indicated?
- Is there a commitment to drawings?
- Is there a commitment for delivery?
- Are engineer stamped anchor bolt plans included?
- Are engineer approval drawings included?
- If structural calculations are needed are they included?
- Are they in good standing with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they have references?
After doing your comparison did the competition give you what you needed the first time around or did you constantly have to question them? If they were not forth coming up front what is going to happen down the road? Do you want to deal with someone that does not have your best interests as a priority?
A Metal Buildings Manufacturer Checklist
To make the process easier for you, we've prepared a downloadable check sheet (PDF format) you can use to compare building manufacturers.